A cappuccino cup is a specific type of cup designed for serving cappuccinos, a popular espresso-based coffee drink. Cappuccino cups are tailored to accommodate the unique characteristics of a cappuccino, both in terms of size and presentation.
These cups typically have the following features:
1. Size and Shape: Cappuccino cups are relatively larger than espresso cups but smaller than regular coffee cups. They usually have a capacity of around 6 to 8 ounces (177 to 237 milliliters). The cup's size is optimized to hold a shot of espresso and an equal part of steamed milk, topped with milk foam.
2. Design: Cappuccino cups often have a rounded shape similar to a classic coffee cup but with a wider diameter than espresso cups. They are designed to allow for the perfect balance of espresso, steamed milk, and foam layers characteristic of a cappuccino.
3. Material: Similar to espresso cups and other coffee-serving vessels, cappuccino cups are commonly made from ceramic. They are chosen for their heat retention properties and ability to withstand hot liquids.
4. Presentation: Cappuccino cups are part of the aesthetic presentation of the drink. Their size and shape help in creating the ideal proportions of espresso, steamed milk, and foam layers, often showcasing the visual appeal of a well-prepared cappuccino with its distinct layers.
These cups are essential in coffee culture, particularly for those who enjoy the balanced taste and texture of a classic cappuccino. They play a role not just in serving the drink but also in enhancing the overall experience and presentation of the cappuccino.
Pottery Details - Polka Dots Coffee Cup.
- Set of 1
- Hand Painted, Hand Textured, Ceramic
- Oven, Microwave, and Dishwasher safe
- Ideal for Tea and Coffee
Color: Pastel Green
- Height 6 cm
- Diameter 10.5 cm
- Volume: 350 ml
Pottery Weight: 200 Grams